Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Visions of Ukraine

I think it will be amusing to look back at what I thought Ukraine was going to be like after I actually get there and experience it for myself.

I must admit that I had never really thought of Ukraine before I found out that I was going there. 
It was only after I did some research and talked to people that I really started to get excited about going and about learning the language. Still, I know I have a lot to learn!  Looking through my very American idealistic crystal ball, I see visions of Ukraine. I see...

...a Yeti--which is really me trying to keep warm in the harsh and snowy winters
...a version of myself eating way too many Vereniky dumplings and, in turn, turning into one
...endless fields of sunflowers
...group camping trips with fellow peace corps volunteers and new Ukrainian friends
...a blur of shot glasses, cheersing friends, and empty vodka bottles (duhn duhn duhn)
...drunken sing-a-longs
...sexy ladies left and right

No comments:

Post a Comment